Sunday, December 5, 2010

What a month under a mango tree can get you:

It's finally here! A record of everything I've been doing for the past month (okay, there's a paper as well, but it really lacks the appeal that the sculptures have. If you want to read it, let me know and I'll scoff at you). My first two scuptures are like to one below--they are in the style of my teacher, Serigne Mor Gueye,and are approximately a foot tall.

The following two are large, maybe two feet tall, and very heavy. I am going to bring home one of them (haven't chosen yet) because two would earn me a $150 overweight bag fee.

This is my final sculpture. It's four or five feet tall, very twisty, and weights a TON. It is definitely my favorite but unfortunately must stay here. I believe it will live in the SIT courtyard for future students to see.

3 comments:

  1. Looks like a month well spent. I really like the first sculpture.

    ReplyDelete
  2. pretty. i think i will see you tonight. i am excited. I am glad you kept this thing rolling! welcome back to the land of golden arches

    ReplyDelete