Sunday, August 29, 2010

Sweat

Bonjour tout le monde:

I have arrived in Dakar! We came in at 5:30 this morning (Sunday) and it was still dark out. I expected to go to sleep immediately and for it to get dark many hours later, but nonetheless the sun popped right out of the ocean and into the sky. I slept from 8 am until about 1, had curry for breakfast (lunch) then ventured out into the muggy heat for about twenty minutes.

The walk from our auberge (hostel) to the Atlantic Ocean took about...5 minutes. Twenty minutes later we were hot, drenched in sweat, and sleepy again and returned to our rooms.

There are kitties everywhere! Although for some reason I have been advised not to touch them... :/

Tomorrow we begin orientation/actually doing things. I hope to take my camera around with me, so hope for some picture some time soon!


1 comment: